Why opt for a resource-efficient building? Because the long-term value far outweighs the initial investment.
A resource-conscious building is optimized to perform well, which drives down utility costs. Prices can be kept competitive, which attracts tenants and guests who appreciate affordability. Lower break-even occupancy rates protect against market variability. And investors respond well to a strong balance sheet.
Extra capex of just two percent has been known to produce savings greater than 10 times the initial cost of building green. A resource-efficient building will also have greater market value due to its ability to deliver on the operational front.
Ten Reasons to Own a Resource-Efficient Building
- Produces a track record of performance.
- Creates brand differentiation.
- Drives profitability that leads to scalability.
- Sends a positive signal to investors.
- Shows pride of ownership.
- Provides leadership by example.
- Supports a solid balance sheet.
- Ensures cost control and consistency across properties.
- Complements efficiencies in construction and labor.
- Dovetails well with other sustainability practices.